Family intervention projects
In 1995, our Dundee Families Project was the pioneer family intervention project model. Today, we are the largest voluntary provider of this service across the UK
We're here to help the many families who need support
Families can face a variety of issues including:
- poor physical and mental health
- domestic violence
- substance misuse
- a lack of basic and life skills
- behavioural problems
Action for Children provides hope
Taking a whole family approach we have proven success in supporting these families.
We have been successful at:
- reducing anti-social behaviour
- improving educational attendance
- preventing homelessness
- alleviating child poverty
With the right support and incentives, the families can integrate with their community and give their children a better chance in life.
What impact have we had on their lives?
Research found that the lives of over 1000 families and their communities significantly improved after involvement in a FIP between February 2007 and October 2009, with a:
- 64% reduction in anti-social behaviour
- 58% reduction in truancy, exclusion and bad behaviour among children and young people
- 70% reduction in drug and substance misuse
- 53% reduction in alcoholism
Want to find out more?
Contact our supporter care team or telephone 0300 123 2112