Action for Children Parklands Campus
We provide a holistic approach to education and care; offering flexible packages which include day, residential, fostering and outreach services to young people and their families.
We will help young people to build positive relationships, be healthy and safe, and achieve more. Our co-educational school supports young people with behaviour, emotional, and social difficulties associated LDD or complex needs, aged 11 to 19 years old using a model of social pedagogy.
||Membership and Accreditation
||Special needs provision
|11-19 year olds
||A non-maintained special school offering day, residential, fostering and outreach services
||LDD, BESD, Complex needs
How we help
- Integrated approach to education - As a specialist UK children's charity, we offer a holistic approach to education, using our wide range of support services and expertise. This will include a dedicated fostering service and outreach support.
- Innovative curriculum - Working with young people who may feel that education has no relevance to them, we create an individual curriculum programme and structured pathway that engages and motivates them. Students are encouraged to achieve appropriate targets throughout their time at Parklands Campus and will be taught the skills they need to live an independent life.
- Better outcomes through a partnership approach - Working together with local authorities, carers, parents, colleges, universities, teacher training institutes, local schools, work-based training providers and employers, we provide young people with opportunities and help them build positive relationships.
- Support with transitions to ensure improved life chances - We help students to live an independent life and to progress to further education, training and employment.
- Reintegration into parental home - We support reintegration into the young person's parental home, where this is in their best interests and it is safe to do so.
- Quality leadership and leading-edge professionals including specialist support - Parklands Campus staff will be trained in social pedagogy, enabling them to build positive and productive relationships with all young people. Further support are also be provided by a specialist clinical team. Trained in Action for Children's robust accredited behaviour support model, our team have a positive and productive relationship with young people.
- Extensive use of information technology and online learning zones - An innovative approach to teaching and learning, we use the latest ICT to ensure that our staff share best practice and learning outcomes, encourage communicate and engage students, parents and carers in their child's learning.
Phone: 01865 390436
Post: Action for Children Parklands School, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX13 5QB