We believe all young people should be given the chance to reach their full potential.
Action for Children provide an advocacy service to children and young people looked after by The Borough of Poole Children and Young People’s Services and Bournemouth Borough Council Children and Families Services including those placed outside ‘out of county’.
- To ensure that children and young people looked after are aware of the service, understand what it can provide and how it can be accessed.
- Identify and act upon issues and concerns affecting individual children and young people, so that their voices are heard and their wishes and feelings expressed, and to enhance their contribution to service planning and improvement.
- Ensure that children and young people receiving services from the purchasers are informed of their rights, and also their responsibilities, as embodied in The Children Act, and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The service prioritises those aged 8 years and over and younger children who are identified by the Independent Reviewing Officer as having a specific need for an advocacy service. The service includes the following:
- An advocacy service for looked after young people
- To support any Child in Need in child protection investigations which are proceeding to a Child Protection Conference
- To support any child who is on the threshold of being looked after and is attending Family Group Conferences
- To assist any young person who is making a complaint
- To provide an Independent Visitors Service for looked after young people