We’re looking for people who can give children a safe and happy home in the Midlands
The children who need your care have been through tough times. Many have experienced abuse, neglect and trauma. They may need help managing their emotions and behaviours.
We find foster homes for children of all ages. But there is a high need for children aged six to 18.
Areas we cover
Our friendly team recruits foster carers in Birmingham and within a one hour drive of our office.
Not sure if we foster near you?
Types of fostering
This is when a child needs to stay with a foster family for several years, or until they are ready and able to live independently.
Sometimes, children and young people need somewhere to live temporarily.
Short break carers look after a child or young person for a few days, usually on a regular basis. They enable a family or a full-time foster carer to rest and have a break.
This is for young people who stay with their foster family after they turn 18.
We will talk to you about the type of fostering available, taking your preferences and skills into account. As a charity, our priority is getting it right for children and young people.
Who we're looking for
Foster carers come from all walks of life. To foster, you will need to be at least 21. You will also need a spare room for a child. You’ll have to be good with children and have time to give.
Have questions about fostering?
Support and training
- 24-hour support, with a dedicated supervising social worker and a foster carer helpline.
- Extensive training all year around. Our staff are highly trained in attachment, development trauma, and therapeutic parenting.
- Regular support groups and a buddy system for new foster carers.
- Support from a Clinical Psychologist from Changing Minds.
- Competitive fees and allowances. And a range of benefits and discounts for foster carers.
Our five-stage model of support, HOMES, helps build supportive homes for children with complex histories and needs.
Request your local information pack
Ready to take the first step?Request your fostering pack