Worried about a child?

What to do if you're worried about a child.

Acting quickly can make all the difference.

If you think a child might be suffering neglect or abuse, it can be difficult to know what to do. But your action is vital in making sure that child gets the help they need.

If you're worried about a child, contact your local council's social care department. They're available 24 hours a day. You can find their details here.

If you think the child is in immediate danger, you should call the police.

We cannot investigate specific cases of child abuse, and will forward any messages we get about abuse to the police or social services.