That's why we offer advice and support services, from guidance on children's behaviour and development to help with family health, resolving debt issues and getting back into work. All of these services are available on a local drop-in basis in our children's centres, family centres, family support projects, Flying Start Wales and Sure Start Northern Ireland projects.
Working in partnership
It's not just about our skills and expertise - we also work in partnership to ensure all the needs of children and families are met. For example, we link people with Jobcentre Plus, credit unions and the Citizen's Advice Bureau. So families get the support they need, when they need it.
Our drop-in advice and support services offer information, support and advice on:
- The family support services and activities available in the area
- A range of subjects including: local childcare, looking after babies and young children and education services for three and four-year-olds
- Parenting, including at significant transition points for the family (e.g. pre-birth, early days, setting into childcare)
- Benefits, debt, welfare, housing and getting back to work
We also offer:
- Activities for children and parents/carers at the centre, including parent groups, play groups and adult education
- Visits to all families in the catchment area within two months of the child's birth (through the Child Health Promotion Programme or agreed local arrangements)
- Access to specialist and targeted services, e.g. support for parents/carers of disabled children
- Information, advice, support and befriending services to young carers
Did you find this page helpful?