We believe all young people should be given the chance to reach their full potential.
We aim to help young people explore their abilities. Our education services show them the possibilities and potential they have through:
- Children's centres
- Early years services, such as parenting classes
- Support for those excluded from school or at risk of exclusion
- Vocational training and work-based learning for 14-19 year olds
- Specialist schools for children and young people with challenging, complex and profound needs
Our employment and training services give young people the chance to choose which route in life suits them best. We do this through:
- Offering work tasters, placements, skills and job seeking workshops through our Employability Programme
- Providing internship opportunities supported by the Future Jobs Fund
- Giving young people learning and employment opportunities through our Youth Work Apprenticeships
- 100% of our young people engaged with our Calderdale Pathway Team work with a Connexions Advisor and have a plan of action to access education, employment and/or training
- 71% of all 16-18 year olds engaged with our Corner House Services are in education, employment or training
- 85% of children and young people engaged with our Exeter Family Intervention Service are linked into education and employment
Did you find this page useful?