We’re looking for people who can give children a safe and loving home in Scotland
Our fostering services in Scotland provide safe and loving foster homes for children and young people aged five and above.
Areas we cover
We are recruiting foster carers in the following locations:
- Central Scotland
- Scottish Borders
- Inverness and surrounding areas (within a 1 hour 30 minutes drive from Inverness)
Not sure if we foster near you?
Types of fostering
Long-term therapeutic fostering
We're looking for people who can give children a safe and loving home until they're ready to live independently. Many children may have experienced trauma or moved homes many times. Through our training, we will support you to give them a warm, nurturing environment.
Planned breaks for other foster carers
Planned breaks carers play a vital role in supporting our full-time foster carers and young people. You will get to know different young people, so if you are good at building relationships, this could be for you!
Who we're looking for
Foster carers come from all walks of life. To foster, you will need to be at least 25 and have a spare room. You’ll have to be good with children and have time to give.
Fostering has changed my life for the better and I am so thankful that I took the leap of faith into the unknown.Tanya, a foster carer with Action for Children
Support and training
- 24-hour support, with a supervising social worker and a foster carer helpline.
- Extensive training programme all year around.
- Access to our in-house psychologist for consultation.
- Regular support groups and a buddy system for new foster carers.
- Competitive fees and allowances, and a range of benefits and discounts.
- Paid short breaks.
Request your local information pack
Ready to take the first step?Request your fostering pack