Terms and conditions
What you can expect from using this site and online services. Small print spelt out
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- Action for Children reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by publishing such changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Action for Children are provided 'as is' without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Action for Children be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- Action for Children does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Commercial use or publication of any content displayed on this site is prohibited without permission from Action for Children. Nothing published on this site shall be construed as conferring any licence by Action for Children to use any content displayed.
- Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no changes are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of copyright owners (who are not Action for Children). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- Action for Children takes no responsibility for the content of external websites.
- Any communication that you transmit to, or post on, any area of the site including any information, or the similar material, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary information.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, Wales and Scotland. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England, Wales and Scotland.
If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full, then you should terminate use of this site immediately.
Can I donate by text?
Every text we receive is greatly appreciated. However, all supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian's permission before signing up to Action for Children’s campaigns.
Where can I send text donations from?
Donations can only be made from a UK mobile. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Island, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile.
Single SMS donations
If you respond to one of Action for Children’s appeals you will be charged either £3, £5 or £10 as advertised, plus your standard network rate. After deduction of network/service provider costs, Action for Children receives at least 95% of each donation as we do incur a 5% admin charge for this service.
The standard network rate charge will show on your bill and the sender will show as a five digit number.
We would like to talk to you about how you can continue to help children and young people in the UK, but if you prefer to opt out of SMS please send STOP to70175 (standard network rates apply). To opt out of all communication, please send NO INFO to 70175.
You can also give a monthly donation to Action for Children by text message. Giving a monthly donation via SMS is an easy and practical way to help us.
Action for Children will receive 100% of your donation.
After signing up
You'll be charged your chosen donation amount plus one standard rate text message in the first month. Your gift will be activated and your first donation will immediately be taken from your phone bill or your pay-as-you-go credit.
What happens next?
As you have signed up for a monthly gift to Action for Children, you’ll receive a free text as a reminder the day before your gift is due. If you're happy to give you don't need to do anything and you'll be charged your chosen donation amount. However, you can choose to skip a month.
What if I need to skip a month?
When you receive your free reminder text and you'd prefer not to give, simply reply SKIP within 24 hours of receiving the message and your donation won’t be taken that month. You’ll be charged one standard rate text message.
If your phone is out of range or switched off, you don't need to worry. We'll only receive your gift 24 hours after we know that your phone has received our message.
Your gifts in action
At Action for Children, saying thank you and showing how your gifts are helping is as important as receiving your gift. Sometimes we’ll send you links to photos and videos on our website. You can view this content on an internet-enabled phone or computer.
We won't charge you for content but, as with any mobile browsing, viewing could mean you incur charges from your network provider.
Can I Gift Aid my donation?
Your monthly gift is eligible for Gift Aid. In order for us to reclaim the tax you have already paid on your gifts and make them worth a quarter more, at no cost to you, see below.
We may contact you on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. If we send you a link to a page where you can submit your details then, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider when visiting that page. If we ask you to text those details, then a standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) will be incurred.
Ending your support
We understand that sometimes it’s just not possible to continue to give. We do hope that you won't cancel your gift and instead choose to use the SKIP system if you decide not to give in a particular month. However, if you want to stop giving permanently, you can text STOP to 70660.
How to contact us
If you would like to discuss your mobile payment, please contact us on - 0300 123 2112 (Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm (call charges apply).
Your data will be handled in accordance with the relevant data privacy legislation and will only be used to keep you informed about our fundraising, activities, events and services. We will not share your information with any third party organisations except where such transfer is a necessary part of our activities, or we are required to do so by operation of law.
View our Privacy Statement.
For all other campaigns this SMS service is provided by InstaGiv, 36b The Promenade, Portstewart, Co. Londonderry, BT55 7AE, Northern Ireland.
Action for Children does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
Some important details
Unless otherwise stated, there will be no refunds for the cost of any SMS text made.
By using this service, you agree that we may call or text you on your mobile in the future about our work and how you can help. One important reason for this is to talk to you about the Gift Aid scheme. But if you'd rather we didn't call, please contact our Supporter Care team on 0300 123 2112 or email us at [email protected].
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile number, your carrier's name, and the date, time and content of your messages and other information that you may provide. By using this service you consent to receiving, from time to time, further communication from us. You can unsubscribe at any time from all services by replying FINISH to the original number you texted.
Depiction of children and families
Where possible, we use photos and videos of real children and families helped by Action for Children to illustrate our work.
We also use actors and change names when we need to protect the children and families we work with and the staff who support them.