Worried about a child?

If you have concerns about a child’s welfare or you need some parenting advice, here’s what to do

Action for Children doesn’t investigate reports of abuse or neglect. But see below for advice on who to contact if you have concerns.

If you’re a parent looking for advice on topics like your child’s emotional wellbeing, sleep or behaviour, visit our Parent Talk website. Browse our articles or speak to one of our parenting coaches using our online chat.

Reporting a concern

It can be difficult to know what to do if you think a child is at risk. It’s important to remember that if you’ve spotted things that don’t seem right, others will have too. Speaking up can make sure that child gets help as soon as possible.

The sooner you contact your local children’s social care duty team, the quicker they can act. They’re available 24 hours a day, and can make an anonymous report if that feels safer.

Report child abuse or neglect to your local council

Use these links to get in touch with your local council.