Run the world’s most iconic marathon, and raise vital funds for children and young people
If you’re passionate about running, and want to transform young lives, this is the race for you.
From taking on the world’s most famous run to celebrating at our post-race party, your London Marathon experience will be unforgettable.
The iconic route takes you past St Paul’s cathedral, along the Thames, over London Bridge and – of course – towards Buckingham Palace.
Registration for the London Marathon is now closed. If you were lucky enough to get your own ballot place and want to help vulnerable children and young people in the UK then join Team Action for Children. It doesn’t cost anything to join the team. And you’ll receive all the same amazing benefits.
The money you raise in sponsorship will continue to make its mark long after your big day. Every penny goes towards supporting children and young people around the UK, as well as services that care for parents and families.
Have your own ballot place?
How we support you
If you've got your own place, we'd love you to join our team of runners. Here's what you'll get:
- A post-race party for you and your supporters, where you’ll have a hot shower, a professional massage, and a hot meal.
- A venue your supporters can visit throughout the day for toilet breaks and food.
- An Action for Children running vest, with iron-on letters.
- Cheering points for your supporters within easy reach of our post-race reception and the finish-line.
- Advice and support from a dedicated local fundraiser, with a fundraising pack to get you started.
- Regular e-newsletters, with important information and training tips from the experts.
If your event is cancelled due to coronavirus
Why run with Action for Children?
I get to see first-hand how we improve and change children’s, young people’s and all of their families’ lives. I feel very blessed to be a part of such a fantastic charity. Now to be able to fundraise as well is a real bonus on top.Sian, Employee and Marathon Runner, 2017
We’re here to answer any questions