Run the London Marathon and help give vulnerable children the safe and happy childhood they deserve
If you’re passionate about running, and want to transform young lives, this is the race for you.
From taking on the world’s most famous run to celebrating at our post-race party, your London Marathon experience will be unforgettable.
The iconic route takes you past St Paul’s cathedral, along the Thames, over London Bridge and – of course – towards Buckingham Palace.
Action for Children’s gold bond places for the London Marathon have a £100 registration fee and a £2,000 minimum sponsorship target.
The money you raise in sponsorship will continue to make its mark long after your big day. Every penny goes towards supporting children and young people around the UK, as well as services that care for parents and families.
If you are interested in a gold bond place please complete the application form. Please note we have very limited spaces available for London Marathon 2022 so make sure your application stands out. The applicants who provide the most detail about how they plan to raise the £2,000 minimum sponsorship are more likely to be successful.
Have your own ballot place?
If you've got your own place, we'd love you to join our team of runners. Here's what you'll get:
- A post-race party for you and your supporters, where you’ll have a hot shower, a professional massage, and a hot meal.
- A venue your supporters can visit throughout the day for toilet breaks and food.
- An Action for Children running vest, with iron-on letters so the crowd can shout your name and cheer you on.
- Cheering points for your supporters within easy reach of our post-race reception and the finish-line.
- Advice and support from a dedicated local fundraiser, with a fundraising pack to get you started.
- Regular e-newsletters, with important information about the race, the difference your fundraising will make and training tips from the experts.
I get to see first-hand how we improve and change children’s, young people’s and all of their families’ lives. I feel very blessed to be a part of such a fantastic charity. Now to be able to fundraise as well is a real bonus on top.Sian, Employee and Marathon Runner, 2017
We’re here to answer any questions