Fundraise in your church
Your amazing support helps us make sure more children are safe and happy, with opportunities to thrive
Holding a fundraising event in your church can help us improve the lives of vulnerable children around the UK. The event can be big or small - every bit of help makes a difference.
Wakefield Circuit Support Group joined with nine other churches for a sponsored jigsaw puzzle race, raising £1,600 in one afternoon.
Join one of our annual activities by using the resources below. Or get inspired by our fundraising ideas.
This event happens on the second Sunday in July. But you can hold a worship service for Action for Children whenever you like.
Just download our worship booklet. It includes Bible readings, hymns and real-life stories about how church donations help children.
This year, we have created two short video stories which you may like to play during a service. We hope these inspirational stories will help provide focus for your worship. The stories also feature in the worship material.
Find out about Tan Y Bryn, a home which offers the chance for vulnerable children who have experienced trauma to have safe and happy childhoods:
Watch Terri’s story – about how she has benefitted from parenting classes and support which has meant she is able to offer her young son, Keagan, a great start in life:
- Ask members of your congregation to bring in a homemade cake. Run a cake sale after your Sunday service.
- Hang up the bunting for a church fundraising fete. Ask the local butcher to donate sausages, and hold a BBQ as part of the event.
- Get together all of the crafty members in your congregation for a knitting or quilt-making day. Put on a craft sale or offer up items as part of a raffle.
- Hold a jumble sale or bring-and-buy fundraising event.
- Show some of our Action for Children videos at your event or during a church service to inspire members to donate.
- Invite one our friendly speaks to talk at your church service or event.
Find your local fundraiser or request a speaker
In collaboration with four other Methodist charities (All We Can, The Methodist Church, MHA and Methodist Homes), we have created a brochure, ‘Thine Be The Glory’, to demonstrate the ongoing difference a gift in your will could make to people and communities in the UK and around the world.
There is also practical advice about writing and changing your will, and information about our will-writing partner, Bequeathed.
To download a PDF version of our Thine Be the Glory booklet, click the link below.
For more information, or if your have any questions, about leaving a gift in your will:
You can send us any money you raise by using our online paying in form. Or you can send a cheque with a letter explaining how you’ve raised the money to:
Supporter Care Team
Action for Children
3 The Boulevard
Watford, WD18 8AG