Fundraise in your church
Your amazing support helps us make sure more children are safe and happy, with opportunities to thrive
Holding a fundraising event in your church can help us improve the lives of vulnerable children around the UK. The event can be big or small - every bit of help makes a difference.
Wakefield Circuit Support Group joined with nine other churches for a sponsored jigsaw puzzle race, raising £1,600 in one afternoon.
Join one of our annual activities by using the resources below. Or get inspired by our fundraising ideas.
This event happens on the second Sunday in July. But you can hold a worship service for Action for Children whenever you like.
Just download our worship booklet. It includes Bible readings, hymns and real-life stories about how church donations help children.
What will you be doing this Lent? Join us for 40 days of making life better for children across the UK.
We’ve created an inspiring calendar of activities. Each day, you’ll be asked to do something meaningful. It might be giving money to those in need, saying a prayer for a child, or spreading the word about our work.
- Ask members of your congregation to bring in a homemade cake. Run a cake sale after your Sunday service.
- Hang up the bunting for a church fundraising fete. Ask the local butcher to donate sausages, and hold a BBQ as part of the event.
- Get together all of the crafty members in your congregation for a knitting or quilt-making day. Put on a craft sale or offer up items as part of a raffle.
- Hold a jumble sale or bring-and-buy fundraising event.
- Show some of our Action for Children videos at your event or during a church service to inspire members to donate.
- Invite one our friendly speaks to talk at your church service or event.
Find your local fundraiser or request a speaker
You can send us any money you raise by using our online paying in form. Or you can send a cheque with a letter explaining how you’ve raised the money to:
Supporter Care Team
Action for Children
3 The Boulevard
Watford, WD18 8AG