Direct debit guarantee
By giving even just £5 a month, you’re showing children that you’re here to help – now and in the future
Regular gifts are key to us to building a stable, secure future for vulnerable children. It’s easy to get started. Sign up for Direct Debit payments, and we’ll collect your donation from your bank account automatically each month.
Donating to Action for Children with Direct Debit is secure, and guaranteed by the banking industry.
We had to pass a careful vetting process to be allowed to take Direct Debits – so you can be confident that your money will get to the right place, quickly and safely.
The Direct Debit Guarantee below applies to all Direct Debits. It protects you in the rare event that there’s an error in the payment of your Direct Debit.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- The Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Action for Children will notify you five working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Action for Children to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If you request Action for Children to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Action for Children, or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund from us you're not entitled to, you must pay it back when we ask you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us at Action for Children if you're planning to cancel a Direct Debit.