Boycott your Bed Live Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the Boycott Your Bed event series (the “Event”) and by registering for the Event you (a ‘Participant’) agree to comply with them. The Event is organised and controlled by Action for Children (a registered charity in England and Wales – 1097940, and Scotland – SC038092) with fundraisers organising their own activities in the lead-up to the Event. The Event will take place on the 6th – 7th October 2023 in five locations across the UK: London, Leeds, Cardiff, Belfast and Scotland. Further details of participation, and terms and conditions specific to your event venue will be sent to you prior to the Event date.
- Only registered participants are eligible to take part in the Event.
- No payment or donation necessary to register for the Event, however we ask each participant to try and raise as much funds as possible for Action for Children
- Participants must be over 18 years of age to participate in the Event.
- Upon registering for the Event participants will receive Welcome Pack that provides helpful fundraising tips and ideas.
5. Participants are responsible for organising their own fundraising activities.
6. You agree to comply with all guidance and instructions issued by Action for Children in relation to the Event, in accordance with our Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Practice regarding fundraising volunteers, including but not limited to consulting and complying with the 'Keep your event safe and legal' guidance which contains tips on how to keep your event safe and legal.
7. Participants are responsible for ensuring they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the Event. If a participant is unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Event they must seek medical advice from their General Practitioner prior to the Event.
8. We ask each participant to try and raise as much funds as possible for Action for Children.
9. All funds raised in connection with the Event are held by participants on trust for Action for Children. Participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with the Event are paid to Action for Children. We ask that you do this as soon as possible after the Event. You can;
- set up a JustGiving fundraising page – You will be sent a welcome email with all the details on how to set up your Just Giving page when your registration is complete. Your page will be linked to the national Boycott Your Bed fundraiser so you can collectively see how much money is being raised across the country for Action for Children. JustGiving handle all the donations received including claiming Gift Aid and then pay us directly.
- call our Supporter Care team on 0300 123 2112 with your Credit/Debit card details.
- pay in online at Actionforchildren.org.uk - please remember to specify that your donation relates to Boycott Your Bed and which region.
10. By providing your information when you register for the Event, Action for Children will use this for the purposes of organising and administering the Event. Action for Children may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity.
11. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending other communications to you, where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about Action for Children’s work.
13. If you wish to use the ‘Supporting Action for Children’ logo to aid your fundraising for the Event, you must seek written consent from Action for Children at least 5 working days in advance to such use.
14. You and all Participants participate in fundraising and the Event entirely at your/their own risk and, so far as permitted by law, Action for Children shall not be liable in connection with your/their fundraising or the Event. Action for Children shall in any event not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special losses and the total liability of Action for Children to each and every participant is capped at the total amount that participant fundraises in aid of Action for Children for the Event.