Help for Executors and Solicitors
We appreciate that being an Executor can be time consuming and stressful. But the Legacy Team are here to help
If you are a Lay Executor (i.e. not a Solicitor or an Accountant) you can refer to guidance from the Institute of Legacy Management.
The Legacy Team are always happy to offer support or answer any questions, including:
- Administering a will
- Paying in a gift or donation
- General executor duties
Once we are notified of a legacy left to Action for Children, we will write to you with our contact details and to offer any assistance.
If you would like to make contact before, please email us. Including the name of your loved one and query.
Please note that if the legacy gift is for the use of a specific project it will still need to be sent to our head office at Watford. Where we will process this and pass onto the specific project.
Our charity has been around for over 150 years, but we have not always been known as Action for Children.
A gift is for Action for Children if it either:
- Uses any of these charity names and charity numbers in the will:
- NCH/National Children’s Home / 215301
- Action for Children / 1097940 (England) and SC038092 (Scotland)
2. And/or mentions any of the following addressed in the will:
- 3 The Boulevard, Ascot Road, Watford, WD18 8AG
- 10 Great Queen St, Holborn, London, WC2B 5DG
- 85 Highbury Park, London, N5 1UD
Before paying in a legacy, it is helpful if you are able to send an email to us with the following information:
- Your contact details
- Details of the deceased e.g. full name and last known address
- Date of death
- A description of the gift
- A copy of the will
- Any information as to why the gift was left
Due to COVID-19, members of the team are working from home until further notice, It would be helpful if you could pay in any legacy monies electronically.
To pay via bank transfer please use the following details:
- Address: HSBC, The Peak, 333 Vauxhall Bridge Road, Victoria, London, SW1V 1EJ
- Account name: Action for Children
- Account number: 10950149
- Sort Code: 40-02-06
- Reference: ‘Legacies’ followed by the full name of your loved one
The reference is important, so we can identify the payment correctly. And thank appropriately.
Please only pay gifts by cheque if electronic payment is not possible.
All cheques should be made payable to ‘Action for Children’ and sent with a letter containing the above requested information if possible. Please address to:
Action for Children
3 The Boulevard