Join our wonderful family of community event volunteers to do incredible things to raise vital funds for our work
Action Squads are groups of volunteers who raise money to support vulnerable children and families. As a member of one of our Action Squads, you'll get support from us in lots of different ways.
Get involved in big Action for Children events like our Christmas fundraiser, Secret Santa. Or volunteer at national events - like the London Marathon and Great North Run, give talks about our work, and support our campaigns.
We’ll also help you to organise your own events. This includes Action Squad Event Month in June, when groups hold their biggest fundraising activities.
Lots of Action Squads run activities throughout the year too. Raffles, quiz nights, bake sales - you can do all sorts to raise money for us. We’re sure that you’ve got lots of fantastic ideas as well.
There are two ways to get involved: join an Action Squad near you or set up your own.
Being part of an Action Squad
- Use your creative energy and organisational skills to bring your community together.
- Meet people and learn new things.
- Make a huge difference to the lives of vulnerable children and families.
What you’ll get
- Personalised support from your local area fundraiser.
- The chance to link up with other Action Squads via our private Facebook group.
- Campaigning and volunteering opportunities.
What we ask of you
- We’d love to strike up a long-term relationship with you and your group. You don’t have to organise an event every month, but we’d really like to work with you over a long period of time.
- To support our Secret Santa appeal and the Action Squad Event Month, our two big fundraising highlights of the year.
- It’s not essential, but we like to feature Action Squads on our website, on social media, and in local and national press.
Let’s get started
If this sounds up your street then we’d love to hear from you. Fill in the form and your area fundraiser will get in touch for a chat.